Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Home For Christmas

It is the last week of November which means Christmas is fast approaching. I won't give you the weeks away count - if I do I will go into panic mode lol.

 I am in full out Christmas card making mode - especially because I have my first family Christmas dinner in a week and I will need 5 cards! Yikes!

The layout is based loosely on this month's challenge sketch. I have used a number of stamps from High Hopes Stamps: "Penguin Family Igloo" and the "All Hearts" sentiment from the new Fall/Winter release as well as a stamp called "Winter Wonderland Background".



I coloured the stamp with alcohol markers and then you got it - pulled out my cuticle scissors and fussy cut this cute penguin family. There are four kids in my family and believe me - every one of these penguins is "one of us"! 

After cutting my patterned paper pieces, I used the top of the Winter Wonderland Background stamp to create the border on some of the edges with white embossing powder. Stickles were added to the hats on the hearts on the sentiment for a little bling. Some ribbon from my stash and white gumdrops finish off the card.


Card Recipe
Stamp: Penguin Family Igloo (TT057) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Stamp: Winter Wonderland Background (UU013) - High Hopes Stamps
Sentiment: All Hearts (JJ002) - High Hopes Stamps
Patterned Paper: Holly Jolly - My Minds Eye
Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Copic XpressIt Diamond Stickles, White Embossing Powder (Ranger), Versamark Watermark stamp pad, Double Stitched Hills Die (YNS), Pop Dots (Forever In Time), White Sugar and Sparkle Gumdrops (YNS), Ribbon (stash)

Spectrum Noir Markers used: CT4 GB5 OR1 BG5 BG7 BG10 BT2 1G1 DR6 DR7 JG2 JG6 JG4

Our November Challenge is Fall/Winter Fun and there is a sketch to get your creative juices flowing. There are still a few days left! Click here to play along - we can't wait to see what your create!

Here's the sketch



If you need High Hopes Stamps or crafting supplies you can find them at 


Thanks for stopping by! Have a fantastic day! 


No comments:

Post a Comment