Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Snowman Spinner & Minc Machine

Hello everyone!  I am sharing a card & tag that I've made using both the High Hopes Snowman Mini Set (Sku #TT006EZ) and the Heidi Swapp Mini Minc machine (scroll down to see some how-to photos).  For today's projects, I created my own background paper using red foil & the Minc machine - and as many of you know, it is VERY difficult to photograph foil - so what looks like diagonal black stripes, is actually brilliant shiny red:
 I made my little snowman into a spinner card!  I stamped and coloured him with my Copics, then adhered some green polka dot patterned paper onto his backside - and fussy cut him out.  When I glued his front & back together, I sandwiched a piece of regular sewing thread between the two layers.  After creating my card base, I diecut a circular opening through all the layers.  I glued the thread at the top and bottom of the opening, suspending my snowman over the open circle - then glued down the black frame to cover the thread ends.  Before I send the card in the mail, I'll give the snowman a few spins and put the card into an envelope.  When the recipient opens the card, he'll flutter around several times for a fun surprise.
 Here's an angled photo to show the brilliant red paper (oh, the Minc machine is SO fun to use!!)
 And here's a photo of my little matching tag:
 You can find the Mini Minc machine and all it's accessories in the One Crazy Stamper store (here!).  Here is the machine, along with a 6" piece of red foil that is covering my striped black/white cardstock.  *The foil reacts to toner from a laser printer or photocopier - so I have a piece of photocopied striped cardstock under the foil.
 You sandwich the cardstock with the foil, inside an acetate transfer folder that comes with the machine.  My Minc heated up in about 30 seconds, and then I put the folder into the machine - here it is halfway through:
 In a few seconds, the folder comes out the back of the machine - and it has heat set the foil wherever the toner from the photocopier was.  Here I am peeling off the foil, and you can see the red metallic stripe underneath:
 The machine came with a photocopied image of a camera - so I ran it through my Minc with a piece of metallic pink foil, and here's the result:
 Now, you're all going to want to get one of these for Christmas (wink!) so tell your husband (or wife?) to head over to the OCS store - you'll see a link to the Heidi Swapp Minc Machines on the left hand side.  *Oh, and the machine only comes with a couple of small squares of foil - so pick out a couple of colours of foil that Santa can put in your stocking.
Found in the OCS store:  Heidi Swapp Mini Minc Machine

2 comments:

  1. Awesome, love the foil. Very cool, great spinning stamp you used! Thanks for sharing! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete