Saturday, July 28, 2012

Flame Broilin Tutorial

Hi All!

I have a FUN and EASY tutorial for you today!  I love this adorable High Hopes image called Flame Broilen.   I knew as soon as I saw this image I wanted to use foil.  As in aluminum foil for cooking!  I figured since it is so flexible it would probably hold a shape!

I started by stamping my image as I usually do.  If I am coloring with copics I ALWAYS use Memento Black.  Never, ever, ever smears!

 Here is my image colored.

Here are the copics I used.

 I have used foil before and I like to use heavy duty because the shape stays better. 

 I usually just rip a sheet off then I place in my embossing folder (you can use ANY embossing folder-I have not tried an impression plate so since that is a lighter impression I am not sure how that will work). 

Once it is embossed I gently trim the edges in my table top trimmer.  DO NOT push down very hard because you can flatten the shape right out!

I don't use my tape runner on the foil but I do use glue dots on the paper I am attaching it too.  I also used a brad this time to keep my place.  I used some of the cool new brads that the store carries!  They look like screws!

 Once everything is attached I completed the rest of my card!  Isn't this a cool effect and super awesome for the men!  A very cheap way to make your own patterned paper too cause a 50 foot roll was only a few dollars!
I hope you enjoyed and I can not wait to see what everyone makes!  If you use this tutorial definitely link in the comments I would love to see what you have done!

No comments:

Post a Comment