Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Sarah Kay - Roses Garden

Have you gotten a card in our challenge yet? It is such a wonderful recipe that Jacilynn chose! All you need to cook up something is:

  • 1 Image
  • 2 Designer Papers
  • 3 Embellishments (Bellies or embellies)

How cool is that?! Well I had a lot of fun playing with this card:

That is one of the amazing images by Sarah Kay for Stampavie. This is the first time I've tried stamping (with my Memento Ink in Tuxedo Black) directly onto Designer Paper before coloring with my copics.
Here's a close up so you can see what I am talking about:
That was stamped right on Bo Bunny Gabrielle paper (The other dp is not Bo Bunny). Granted, it is more like coloring on Georgia Pacific cardstock if you've ever done that.  It soaks up a little more ink and does not blend near as nice as X-Press It paper but you can color on it.  I was really happy with the final results and always LOVE to find new ways to use my copics.
Here's a close up of my bow that I dyed with my Spun Sugar Tim Holtz Distress Ink by just running the ink pad directly over my seam binding. Then I misted it slightly with my mini mister to get a uniform color. 
That's all from me today. Make sure you come back tomorrow for more great inspiration from our marvelous team!!
Hugs~



1 comment:

  1. Dana, a gorgeous card. A great idea stamping onto the designer paper.

    ReplyDelete